Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Things I live with, precisely!

One of the "things" I live with are my puppies of course.
And the joys that come with such privilege are too numerous to list in one post.

However, one of them is worth mentioning right here, right now and perhaps it will help me deal with IT a little better.

Inky ate crap.

I mean, the real thing. Someone's or somedoggie's Number Two. Right in front of me.

And I seem somewhat scarred still. Trauma that won't pass.

The whole thing unfolded down at the beach where Tim and I went looking for a nice spot to commit to spending the rest of our lives together.
Oh, the irony of it. Let's hope this is not an omen for anything :)

We had found the perfect spot and decided to trot back to the car following a narrow path behind our chosen beach cove. Airedales and pinkies were walking single file and Tim, at the front, pointed out to me, "watch out for THAT". I couldn't quite see what he meant so I had to look twice and I only really saw IT when Inky, behind me, was gobbling half of it down already.

And she was looking at me. With that look that sort of said, aren't you gonna have any?
Hell, no. I got out of there as quickly as I could with Molly in tow so she wouldn't get any ideas. Gagging all the way, screaming at Tim, she's EATING it.

The man that he is, he flung around and scooped Inks up pulling her back down to the water. She got a good rinse then, while Tim was trying to drown THAT THING, and wash it out of our lives.

When we got back to the car I was close to crying. My little Inky Pups. How could she do such a thing? Wombat poo, horse poo, cow poo...yes. But human feces? And lets face it, IT was clearly too big to have been of the dog variety. And just the consistency of it seemed, well, odd.

I pulled out the hand sanitiser, the wet wipes and clung to anything related to Germ-Fixing out of the glove box as if it was my last straw out of this psychological disaster.

And lets face it, it's all in the head, really. I mean, what's the big deal. It's only natural, right???

Of course, the pup got washed, inside and out, as soon as we got home to clean her soul from that unforgivable sin.

But still, I have been hesitant to succumb to the usual Inky Licking Frenzy that takes place every morning with faded imagery still lingering in my mind.

A part of IT is still here. Like a dirty trace left behind in the bowl.

Let's hope that time will brush it away...


5 comments:

  1. Humph. I am not sure why you think IT was from a human person. If quantity was an indicator, you should check out my back yard. Anyway, no harm done unless whatever left that little morsel behind had sickies.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all becomes clear now
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Inky is really Stinky Inky from now on!!
    BOL!! Hope the memory fades.
    Smooches(from the fresh breathe of),
    BabyRocketDog and Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Mum feels like the NO LICKING thingy after we've just had green tripe - much the same thing, just a little higher up ...

    ReplyDelete